01 March 2012

Protection // Inspiration Corporation | One Inspired Evening

(artwork by Jake Watling)

I recently made a painting for a charity event that takes place tomorrow night here in Chicago.  The organization is amazing -- they are called Inspiration Corporation, and they help to empower homeless people by providing meals and housing, and offering job training and support services.  They assist over 3,000 people a year.  You can find out more about them here.

Tomorrow night (Friday March 2) is their 20th annual fundraiser event, One Inspired Evening, which takes place from 6-10 pm at 1340 W Washington Blvd.  All artwork at the event will be available for silent auction.  Here is the piece I made!

Protection
11x14" gouache on wood

Protection detail

I'm so deeply happy to be involved with this organization and event.  If you'd like to come tomorrow to support them, tickets are available in advance by calling 773.878.0981 x221,  or by emailing Evan Cauble-Johnson .  They can also be purchased at the door.  Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Evan said...

Thanks for supporting Inspiration Corporation, Laura. We LOVED your painting!

Laura said...

Oh! Thank you so much for inviting me, Evan! I was so so glad to be involved. Please let me know if there are other events or volunteer work I can help out with in the future. All my best -- laura